The Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry invites applications for a tenure-stream appointment in bioengineering or bioscience applied to environmental, energy or food systems. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor with an expected start date of July 1, 2019, or shortly thereafter.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence, leadership and innovation in research and teaching. Candidates must have experience in at least two of the areas below:
- Complex biological systems, including microbial community engineering for water and waste treatment and reuse
- Sustainable bioprocessing and biochemical engineering
- Applied biochemistry and enzymology for biocatalysis and bio-pathway development; enzyme discovery; protein discovery, structure-function and protein engineering; synthetic biology applications for environmental and industrial biotechnology
- Genomics and metabolomics;; advanced mass spectrometry applied to biological systems
- Computational biology, genome-scale metabolic modeling and data analytics for bioprocess development
- Areas of application include but are not limited to biohydrometallurgy, resource recovery, biorefining and forest products, renewable energy, carbon capture, bioremediation, bioreactor design and Life Cycle Analysis
For more info on how to apply, click on either of the links above (i.e. “Assistant Professor” or “Associate Professor”). The call for applications closes on February 18, 2019.