What are Graduate Attributes?
As part of the Washington Accord, every accredited engineering institution in Canada and every other signatory country must demonstrate that the graduates of their programs possess the attributes described under the following headings:
Download the Graduate Attributes poster: U of T Engineering Graduate Attributes
What is Accreditation and why is it important?
From Engineers Canada:
- Engineers Canada accredits Canadian undergraduate programs in engineering. Students who successfully receive a degree from an accredited engineering program meet the academic requirements needed to become licensed with Canada’s engineering regulators.
- Accredited engineering programs bring multiple benefits for both students and regulators:
- Regular accreditation of programs fosters the continual improvement of education
- Accreditation ensures that programs are meeting the high standards necessary for licensure
- Degrees from accredited programs are accepted by engineering regulators nationwide and are also recognized by our international partners.