The mission of the Department’s Research Office is to provide research administrative support to ChemEng Principal Investigators (PIs). The following summary of main ChemEng Research Office activities provides an idea of the services we offer. Additional requests are gladly considered.
For supporting documentation and resources relating to CHE Research Administration and Grant Information sessions, please view our CHE Knowledgebase, and then Browse Knowledge to view the Chemical Engineering category.
Grant Application Processes
- Coordinate with Principal Investigators (PIs) to complete general information sections of online applications
- Coordinate with PIs to complete MRA submissions
- Collect required information from collaborators and industry sponsors (e.g. CVs, letters of support)
- Ensure application details regarding timelines, forms, format, data, policies and procedures and signatures are adhered to
- Support the preparation of project budgets
Grant and Contract Administration
- Track the status of new grants, and report to PIs on new account numbers
- Ensure that granting agency progress and final reports are completed and submitted on time
- Support the preparation of project reports, in particular, financial updates and administrative sections (e.g., HQP status, publications, conferences attended)
- Support project meetings including tracking attendance (e.g., of industry partners, collaborators, co-investigators, staff, PDFs, graduate students), facility reservation, catering coordination, and preparation of event materials (e.g. copies of agendas, presentation booklets, etc.)
- Track the status of existing grants, and report to PIs on instalments received and availability of funds in different budget categories
- Prepare expense reports, invoices for payment, expense reimbursements and debit memos
- Reconcile PIs’ monthly credit cards statements
- Discuss options for purchase order reconciliations
- Assist with fund transfers
- Provide advice and guidance to research administrative staff and project managers
Other Administrative Support
- Arrange travel tickets and accommodation for PIs
- Update curriculum vitae (CV) and the Canadian Common CV (CCV)
- Prepare PIs applications for the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) license
- Prepare progress reports and annual completion of Activity Reports, Accountability Reports, Paid Activities Reports and other reports as required by the Department, Faculty or University
Please send general enquiries to Isabela Medina Rojas at email@example.com
- Once, Isabela receives your email, she will open a ticket in the new ServiceNow system indicating the description of your task.
- Depending on the nature and scope of the task, the ticket will be assigned to one of the members of the research office team (Alison Lipton, Vinthiya Paramananthasivam, or Isabela Medina Rojas).
- Once your ticket is assigned, the case will move from “New” to “In Progress” status. The PI will receive an email message from the Enterprise Service Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating that your request has been created and in progress.
- The person assigned with the task will close the ticket.