Passionate about conducting research through a master’s or doctoral degree in chemical engineering? You will not want to miss Graduate Research Days 2022 (GRD2022) on February 24-25, 2022. GRD2022 is a unique opportunity to experience what U of T's Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry can offer you as a graduate student.
While many top applicants to U of T Engineering will be invited to attend this event, only a limited number of spots are available for those who have not yet applied for graduate studies. Apply today for this exclusive opportunity to engage with our world-renowned faculty, alumni, students and admissions staff.
“Attending Graduate Research Days played an essential part in making my decision for graduate studies. I made one-on-one connections with current students and professors — including the researchers I was most interested in working with. By visiting the department, I found a potential niche that aligned perfectly with my interests and goals.”
– Rachel Kwan, MASc candidate in chemical engineering
Who should apply to attend GRD2022?
This event is for top Canadian applicants to U of T Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry MASc and PhD programs.
Why should I attend GRD2022?
There is a lot to consider when it comes to graduate school, from research interests and community to support and career-development opportunities. Graduate Research Days 2022 is an exciting opportunity to have all your questions addressed about what Canada’s top program in chemical engineering & applied chemistry has to offer.
What will I experience at GRD2022?
- Meetings with potential supervisors based on your research interests
- Poster sessions featuring current research
- Tour of our beautiful downtown St. George Campus
- Opportunities to meet and interact with graduate students already enrolled in the Department
How to apply for GRD2022?
To be considered for participation in Graduate Research Days (GRD) 2022 please complete the following steps by January 21, 2022:
- Complete the U of T School of Graduate Studies (SGS) Online Application, and pay the $125 application fee. Note: The application portal will open on October 1st, 2021.
- Complete the Departmental Online Application.
- If you wish to attend GRD, remember to indicate this on your Departmental Online Application.
- Although the preferred form of registration for GRD is outlined in steps 1-3, we understand that you may not be ready to complete your SGS Application or Departmental Online Application. You can still apply for GRD by sending your CV and transcript (online version is fine) to Joan Chen at email@example.com
For steps 1-3, please note:
Your referees do not need to submit their online references by Friday, January 21, 2022. You will need approximately 1 hour to complete both applications; plan ahead and prepare your documents. You do not need to send an official transcript. We will use your scanned transcript (submitted through the SGS Online Application) and the grades you enter in the Departmental Online Application for assessment purposes.
For all steps, please note:
Up to 25 students from Canada and the U.S. will receive an invitation to the event. Invitations to GRD will be sent through email a week or two after the deadline date. Good luck!
Questions about the application procedure can be directed to:
Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry
University of Toronto
200 College Street, Room WB212
Toronto, ON, M5S 3E5, Canada