If you’re passionate about research and are considering a master’s or doctoral degree in chemical engineering or applied chemistry, you won’t want to miss Graduate Research Days 2020 on February 20-22, 2020. GRD2020 is your opportunity to get a first-hand look at what the Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry at U of T can offer you as a graduate student. Apply today for an expenses-paid trip to Toronto for this exclusive opportunity to meet our world-renowned faculty, alumni, students and admissions staff.
Where and when will GRD2020 take place?
The entire event will take place February 20-22, 2020, at the University of Toronto’s St. George Campus in downtown Toronto. All event attendees will stay in a hotel close to campus.
Who should apply to attend GRD2020?
This three-day event is for top Canadian applicants to U of T Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry MASc and PhD programs.
Why should I attend GRD2020?
There is a lot to consider when it comes to graduate school, from research interests and community to support and career-development opportunities. Graduate Research Days 2020 is a wonderful way to have all your questions addressed about what Canada’s top chemical engineering school & applied chemistry school has to offer. After spending a few days in Toronto with current students and potential supervisors, you’ll leave with a better understanding of how our department can support you in your journey.
What will I experience at GRD2020?
- Meetings with potential supervisors based on your research interests
- Poster sessions featuring current research
- Tours our research spaces
- Networking and social events with other attendees, current students, faculty and staff
How to apply for GRD2020?
To be considered for participation in Graduate Research Days (GRD) 2020, you must complete either steps 1-3 or step 4 by Friday, January 10, 2020:
- Complete the U of T School of Graduate Studies (SGS) Online Application, and pay the $110 application fee. Note: the 2020 online portal may not be active yet, please check back soon.
- Complete the Departmental Online Application. Note: the 2020 online portal may not be active yet, please check back soon.
- If you wish to attend GRD, remember to indicate this on your Departmental Online Application.
- Although the preferred form of registration for GRD is outlined in steps 1-3, we understand that you may not be ready to complete your SGS Application or Departmental Online Application. You can still apply for GRD by sending your CV and transcript (online version is fine) to Pauline Martini at email@example.com
For steps 1-3, please note:
Your referees do not need to submit their online references by Friday, January 10, 2020. You will need approximately 1 hour to complete both applications; plan ahead and prepare your documents. You do not need to send an official transcript. We will use your scanned transcript (submitted through the SGS Online Application) and the grades you enter in the Departmental Online Application for assessment purposes.
For all steps, please note:
Up to 25 students from Canada and the U.S. will receive an invitation to the event. Invitations to GRD will be sent through email a week or two after the deadline date. Good luck!
Questions about the application procedure can be directed to:
Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry
University of Toronto
200 College Street, Room WB212
Toronto, ON, M5S 3E5, Canada