Academic Appeals

The Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry maintains a Graduate Academic Appeals Committee.

Graduate students may appeal academic matters, including grades, evaluation of comprehensive examinations and other program requirements.

Appeals must be initiated within the student’s home graduate unit unless the appeal relates to a course outside the graduate unit, in which case it must be initiated in the graduate unit in which the course was taken, with notification to the student’s home graduate unit. In the case of collaborative specialization core courses, the appeal is pursued through the student’s home graduate unit where representation from the collaborative specialization will be included in the constitution of an appeal committee or hearing.

Students should familiarize themselves with the appropriate steps and timelines for academic appeals as outlined ins the School of Graduate Studies Calendar.