For entry in Fall (September) 2024:
- Opens: October 15, 2023 (International and Domestic)
- Closes: March 15, 2024 (International)
- Closes: June 1, 2024 (Domestic)
Minimum Admission Requirements
Please note that meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee that an offer of admission will be granted.
A 4-year degree (or equivalent) in engineering or the physical/chemical/biological sciences with at least a mid-B (or equivalent) in each of the last two years of full-time study.
Degrees from Outside Canada: To determine whether your degree is equivalent to the degree required for admission, please click here.
Create a login on the School of Graduate Studies Online Application, submit the required documents, and pay the application fee. You will receive a notification from the same online system informing you of your admission decision.
References: 2 references are required for MEng applications.
- These references are collected electronically through the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) Online Application.
- We do not accept reference letters (i.e., paper documents) that are sent by mail, email, or fax.
- Use the referee's official institutional email address when requesting their reference on the SGS Online Application.
Transcripts: Applicants may submit a scanned copy of their transcripts and associated grading scale with their application.
- If admitted, official transcripts will be required before the start of the program.
- Transcripts are considered official when they have been prepared and sealed in an envelope that is signed over the back flap by an official at the issuing institution.
- Official transcripts are to be sent to the Admissions Committee in the Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry.
English language proficiency requirements: Candidates who have completed their studies in any of the following countries are not required to demonstrate English language proficiency:
- Australia, Barbados, Botswana, Canada, Ghana, Guyana, Hong Kong, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States of America, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Candidates who have completed their studies in a country not on the above list are required to demonstrate their English language proficiency through one of the tests recognized by the university.
- Scores are to be sent electronically directly from the test centre or organization (i.e., TOEFL, IELTS, COPE) to the University.
Graduate Admissions Contact Information
Department of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry
University of Toronto
200 College Street, Room WB201C
Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3E5 Canada
Telephone: (416) 946-3987