The Department must make a degree recommendation to SGS before a student’s degree may be considered complete. In order for the Department to make this recommendation, the following items must be completed:
MEng Project Students
- The supervisor informs the MEng Coordinator via email that any required project report corrections/modifications have been made
- If you are interested in presenting your MEng project results at our MiC Series, contact the MEng Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The MEng Coordinator reviews the student’s academic history to ensure that degree requirements have been met
- The student returns any items borrowed from the Department or their supervisor (e.g., keys, fobs, Health & Safety materials, etc.)
- The student submits a bound copy of the project report to the Student Services Office (WB216A). MEng students do not submit their Project report to SGS/TSpace.
MEng Course-only Students
Approximately one month before completing your final course(s), check for an email from the MEng Coordinator indicating how to submit your intention to graduate.
Dates, Deadlines, Services
Please review SGS’s Program Completion page for information on relevant deadlines, final fees, graduation, convocation, and services available to you beyond graduation.
Entering the PhD Program directly after completing the MEng
Students who complete an MEng and wish to begin a PhD in the department immediately after finishing their master’s degree are to apply for PhD admission through the SGS online admission application system. Please contact the Graduate Assistant for information on the most expedient way to apply for admission.