The Department must make a degree recommendation to SGS before a student’s degree may be considered complete. In order for the Department to make this recommendation, the following items must be completed:
- The supervisor informs the Graduate Administrator via email that any required thesis corrections/modifications have been made
- The Graduate Administrator reviews the student’s file to ensure that degree requirements have been met
- The student completes and hands in the Degree Completion Sign Off form to the Graduate Office (WB 217)
- MASc students submit their thesis online to SGS through TSpace (see Producing Your Thesis for information on how to format the document, as well as submission forms and uploading your final thesis through TSpace).
- The student submits a bound copy of the thesis/project to the General Office Supervisor in the Main Office (WB 217). The Department will provide up to $40 to cover photocopying and binding costs associated with one final copy of the PhD thesis. The supervisor will pay for any costs in excess incurred for any additional copies.
Dates, Deadlines, Services
Please review SGS’s Program Completion page for information on relevant deadlines, final fees, producing and submitting your Thesis, graduation, convocation, and services available to you beyond graduation.
Entering the PhD Program directly after completing the MASc
Students who complete an MASc in the Department of Chemical Engineering and wish to begin a PhD in the department immediately after finishing their master’s, are to apply for PhD admission through the SGS Admission Application System. Please contact either the Graduate Assistant for information on the most expedient way to apply for admission.